Lawn Mushrooms Description:
Mushrooms can be considered a lawn disease, and are simply the product of fungi infested in your yard's soil. They are actually the fruit of this fungus, and feed off different sources that could be present. These mushrooms feed off decaying matter. In addition to Fairy Rings, various other mushrooms may appear in lawns, but don't injure the grass. However they may be unsightly and cause people to worry that children or pets may eat them. Some mushrooms are poisonous to very poisonous; others are not poisonous at all. There is no way to distinguish poisonous from non-poisonous except by correct identification of the genus and species.
Conditions Favoring Disease
There is no easy control for lawn mushrooms, which appear whenever there is an extended rainy period. These mushrooms grow in organic matter (including thatch) and decaying wood. Where possible, the removal of buried wooden scraps and old stumps will greatly reduce their food source and the number of mushrooms in future years. Mushrooms that do appear can be raked up and destroyed, minimizing danger to children or pets.
Get A Quote On Lawn Care Today
Spring Touch offers our customers a customized lawn care program. The program can use professional control methods, organic products, or a hybrid professional/organic approach. Note that the organic lawn care program does not provide weed control. Expect results to take 3-4 treatments per year to achieve disease control on your lawn. Spring Touch recommends our 6 step lawn care program to remove diseases and thicken up your existing turf lawn. For more information call 248-826-5296 or email to get a quote on your lawn care program today.!--more-->